Today I was (possibly sacrilegiously) pondering the similarity between the words (words only, no conceptual parallel!) Jesus and thesis and it made me think of the song Give Me Jesus. These are the lyrics. I think they are public domain, so here they are:
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.
If only Jesus were as pervasive in my life as it seems my Thesis (<- it even gets capitalized!?!) is--it takes over like every moment! If you are interested in hearing this song, check out the YouTube video at this link.
In the third musical event of my life (first one was my post about Quads and the second one is above), I have been playing out in our rough area. I use the word 'playing' loosely here since I have actually been clearing said rough area. Anyway. I came inside and discovered some suspicious little insects and immediately thought of the country song, which I am embedding here for your pleasure. I wish Aaron was here to check me for ticks!
Dressing
-
Thanksgiving elicits a lot of food memories for most people. Along with
the traditional dishes, my family Thanksgiving meals usually involved a few
specia...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment