For starters, this blog post is due in large part to my Grandfather
requesting a new blog entry. (How cool is that!?) "Hi, Papa! Thanks
for reading my blog."
A couple days ago, I got a
package. I didn't open it until this morning because I thought it was
the Christmas present I ordered for my step sisters. I suppose I should
have been clued in to the fact that it was about 12 times as large as
it should have been and didn't have the right return address on it, but I
wasn't. This morning I decided to open it and do some wrapping.
When
I first opened it I saw packing peanuts. Um. Those would not be
necessary for the gift I bought. The next thing I saw was an envelope
with the name of my Alma Mater on it. My next thought was "what kind of
crap are they spending their money on in order to get me to donate?"
(Sorry!)
Also included in the box was some chocolate. At first, I thought that the item had melted in transit. But, no. It is a replica of "The Rock" at Cedarville--an iconic piece of local dolomite (which I now know thanks to the handy reference card included) that students regularly paint and occasionally set on fire. (Did I get all my grammar and punctuation right in that sentence?)
Also included was this pretty little Cedarville Yellow Jackets ornament. Yay. :)



1 comment:
Well, they were going to be mailed out any time from mid-November to mid-December, so we chose Happy Holidays since it MIGHT arrive at Thanksgiving. :o) I have personally always loved the phrase Happy Holidays - it encompasses Thanksgiving all the way to New Years. So I am still using it. I will NOT let others take that wonderful phrase away from me!!!
Post a Comment