I can't believe how long it has been since I blogged. I suppose it is due to the safe return of my dearest husband. :)
I dropped my phone Saturday morning. Dang. I wasn't even being a clutz. I put it in my pocket. Unfortunately, the reversible jacket had the pockets unzipped on the other side too. *pout*
This time (don't ask) the screen had no images, but it was responding to touch. I got my replacement phone in, but discovered I'd been doing a pretty poor job of backing up my data to the SD card and/or the cloud. *sigh*
I went round and round about how to get the data off. I knew it had to be possible. I NEEDED my chores tasklist and my menstrual data. I had to find a way! I tried some different remote desktop type software, but couldn't get anything configured in the blind. Then I decided I could root the phone and remotely control it. That seemed to be the only option. I wasn't sure I wanted to do that.
Enter Mr. Dube.
Thanks to Mr. Dube, I came to find out, the Android SDK has screenshots built in! (Check out his awesome step-by-steps). Screenshots are nearly as good as screencasting. You just have to manually update. I have never gotten around to messing with developing an application for Android, so I had no idea that this feature was included. The only thing I had to do blindly was to turn on USB debugging.
I got it all set up and took frequent screenshots while I dealt with each application that was holding my data hostage. In a couple days, I'll hook it back up again and do the best I can to wipe my old phone before sending it back to the cell phone before sending it back to the cell phone insurance company.
Thanks for making it so simple Mr. Dube!
Dressing
-
Thanksgiving elicits a lot of food memories for most people. Along with
the traditional dishes, my family Thanksgiving meals usually involved a few
specia...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment