Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bing

I hate Bing.  There.  I said it.  After my recent questions about friends' search behaviors I decided to set my default search engine to Bing to try it out.  Some of them swear by it.  I hate it.  I hate it.  I hate it.  Like 50% of my queries on Bing, I can't find what I'm looking for, but I know that Google can answer my question.  I switch over to Google and BANG (not Bing :-D) first result!  Perhaps the friends who liked Bing do mostly navigational searches. I don't know.  Or perhaps I have learned how to formulate my queries based on feedback from using Google so much.  I don't know.  Either way, one month after starting my Bing trial, I'm heading back to Google.  Goodbye, Bing! 

2 comments:

Stick said...

I tried it too... it just wasn't worth it. I didn't even make it a week, though.

Ruth Ann said...

I'm also a Bing hater. I love the simplicity of Google. I did the google advanced search but it was easier for me to just use the +/- (etc) operators in the main search bar.