I'm looking for a examples of queries using negation for my thesis. Post cases where you used exclusion in the comments or send an email (bookmarklet and instructions below!). Give me the exact query if you can. I'm interested in any free text query and would like to know the site at which you used it (Google, Google Scholar, Google Images, craigslist, eBay). If you have history enabled in your Google account settings, you can see your previous searches (excluding Google Scholar--boo!) here. The interface there really stinks, sorry.
A bookmarklet is cool, so I made you one. It's not that great (actually it sucks) or super fancy, but if you click on it while you are at the search results page from your search, it will set up an email to send to me--- assuming you have your default email client set up properly in your browser. If you have no idea what a bookmarklet is, skip this one. You should get a better one to start off with.
Bookmarklet
Dressing
-
Thanksgiving elicits a lot of food memories for most people. Along with
the traditional dishes, my family Thanksgiving meals usually involved a few
specia...
11 years ago
1 comment:
I mentioned this search earlier but I'll try to give more details here. I was looking for Kipling luggage and purses at ebay. I didn't want to search through multiple categories - travel, accessories - because I was interested in purses and luggage so I'd search for "Kipling" in all categories.
Step 1 - search for "Kipling" in all categories - too many results
Step 2 - what don't I want - books by Rudyard Kipling
Step 3 - Advanced search exclude "Rudyard"
Step 4 - next time I did the search I knew that I could put "Kipling -Rudyard" in the search bar so I could skip going to advanced search
ebay has somewhat changed it's search since then but in re-creating the search, one thing that would be nice would be the ability to exclude whole categories from the search results. So I want to see the results in "Clothing, shoes and accessories" and I don't care if they're all mixed up but I'd like to exclude "Books" and "Collectibles" with one or two clicks.
Post a Comment